- Recreate the existing video-on-demand (VOD) platform to work with a more modern infrastructure
- Integrate the new platform seemlessly into the existing website
- Give admins the ability to see user activity and usage metrics.
- Using the PHP framework, Laravel, we were able to replicate the old VOD platform from scratch, with the flexibility to add new features quickly and easily as well as keep up to date with the latest versions of PHP.
- We recycled many visual styles, such as buttons, fonts and colours, from the main website and previous VOD platform, allowing for a smooth transition from the sales site to the VOD platform and reduces confusion for the users.
- The subscription model for individuals is flexible, to allow for adjustments to price and free trials. We also developed a system to allow organisations to purchase access for their staff and students, with access automatically predicated using the domain in their email address.
- We designed and built a system to track video views and engagement. This gives Sarah and her team a view of what content resonates with her audience and provides analytics for the organisational customers to understand the value they are providing to their staff and students.